#Blog11

with No Comments

Reflect on your experience in the course, your development of PLN, your use of social media platforms and networked publics. Note any changes in your perspective of social media in professional settings and personal use. Submit a closing blog post about your experience and consider how you can pivot your PLN into your next steps.

I learned a lot about PLN from this class, and also learned how to operate and build web pages to write blogs.  This is the first time that I have recorded learning content in my blog every week.  This class is a challenge and a help for me.  This is a brand new experience for me.

In my opinion, the network is really a good thing. It seems that we can do anything by using the network, especially for the study of professional knowledge.The Internet has its own advantages, with the help of it to implement inquiry learning is really the best, as long as your mind can think of you can immediately start learning, more important is that you can immediately find the resources to learn. Full and fast is the most obvious advantage of the network, learning on the network can quickly expand the scope of knowledge, broaden the train of thought, and quickly understand some of the latest knowledge, but also can provide good support for the development of our divergent thinking, more profoundly, it can cultivate our creativity.Chinese people have a deep-rooted idea of the mean, which develops our dialectical thinking to a certain level. When we judge the positive side of a thing, it is easy for us to think of analyzing some of its negative side, so our understanding of things is difficult to go to extremes. When using the Internet learning is really “cool”, but the network resources of hypertext, hypermedia organization inadvertently knowledge for infinite links, so it’s easy to let us lost in the network, so at the time of web-based learning without a clear learning objectives to restrain may cause we use some time to learn the knowledge of now don’t need. In addition, there is no strict examination and approval system for the information on the Internet. Many people express it casually, even extreme, and there is no lack of a lot of information garbage. Therefore, we need to have a clear mind to screen and distinguish.

How to make more of the network’s contribution to learning?

I think in the use of the Internet can not be addicted to the network, an important principle is when we have some learning goals when the implementation of the network learning, and in the process of learning also often set some goals for themselves, not to delay. The knowledge on the network is rich but not well organized, which in some cases reduces the efficiency of learning, book knowledge is different, logical, clear, systematic, helpful to the establishment of the knowledge system. Therefore, three steps can be taken when using the Internet to carry out thematic learning. First, we can find some knowledge that we are interested in through the Internet, and do some preliminary investigation and understanding on the Internet. Then find some relevant books to carry out a systematic study, in the process of learning down some controversial points; And finally, we’ll go back to the web and see what you think.

In this closing blog, I hope PLN can be understood by more people and widely used in daily life.